Welcome to the Ashley Village Website, Northamptonshire
Do get in touch with the website editor if you have any news or see any corrections that need to be made. Many thanks!
Ashley Auction of Promises
It's been 10 years since an Auction of Promises was held in Ashley and a great evening was had by all. Over 100 promises were auctioned with applomb by Stephen West of King West. Many thanks to Kerry and her many helpers for organising such a fun event to raise much-needed funds for a New Kitchen for the Village Hall and for the Restoration Upgrade Project in the Church to make it more adaptable.
Season tickets for Ashley Film Season
Here are the dates for your diary so you can plan your future film entertainment in the village. As before doors open for refreshment and seats at 7.30pm and the film starts at 8.00pm.
8th November Starfish - true story of Tom Ray, a man from Rutland
13th December Lion - survival story of Saroo who gets lost on a train .... 25 years later
Plus more films on 14th February, 14th March and 11th April.
Churchyard Memorial Inscriptions - New Map
Ros Gallant, Margaret Richold and Rita Berry have been hard at work among the headstones in the churchyard. They have been revising The Booklet of Memorial Inscriptions.
Because, in the past 20 years, there have been many changes in the churchyard including over 20 new graves and a separate section for cremation ashes. There are now also:-
- New techniques for deciphering previously illegible inscriptions
- Church records of baptisms, marriages and burials going back to the 1500’s now available on the internet
- More recent ie C19 & C20 records available from our churchwardens.
All these changes have been collated and will make it easier for people to find their relatives’ graves. The new Booklet of Memorial Inscriptions is now available in the church with some new maps designed by Peter Richold. For an online version see under St Mary's Church in the Main Menu.
Many thanks to all involved with this important historical work for the village.
OUR NEW DEFIBRILLATOR
We all hope that this will never need to be used but here is the procedure:
- Ring 999 – they will automatically give you the code to open the heated outer cabinet and gain access to the defib.
- Someone needs to do manual CPR on the patient whilst the second person goes to the box to collect the defib.
- Once home follow the audio instructions from the defib until the ambulance service or first responders arrive.
Ashley Village Facebook Page
We would like to invite all Ashley Villagers to join our Facebook page. Now 53 members as of October 2017.
Any Facebook member can search to join the "Ashley Village" group and view, but only members will be able to view the contents of the page or post on the page for security.
Once a member please feel free to post away - anything relevant to village life!